The cookies are organic vanilla shortbreads, made as follows:
To decorate the cookies, you will need:
- coloured sugarpaste (I used a pretty light pink made with Sugarflair dusty pink paste)
- white sugarpaste
- a small amount of boiled jam (I used yummy raspberry but the flavour choice use your own favourite)
- Cookie Cutters
- small round paste cutter
- small round pastry cutter
- Dresden modelling tool
- miniature modelling ball tool
- tiny Blossom plunge cutters
- blush and white sugar pearls
- water brush
- Pearl Lustre Spray
To decorate the Pram Cookie, cut out the pram shape from the rolled out pink sugarpaste, and set on top of the cookie. With your finger, soften the edges.
From rolled out white sugarpaste, cut out the pram hood using the cookie cutter and trimming to size. Adhere to the cookie with a small amount of water. Emboss the hood with your Dresden tool. Cut 2 wheels from white paste and adhere to cookie. Emboss with Dresden tool.
Cut out 3 tiny Blossoms from pink paste, adhere to cookie. Add a blush pearl to the blossom on the pram hood.
Follow a similar process for the Duck Cookie and Baby Bottle.
For the final gorgeous touch, spray your decorated cookies with pearl lustre spray. I packed these all into a lovely Lindy Bowman box lined with wax paper and dollies, which made a very pretty and tasty present.
Welcome to the world, Lucia Isabella, you've made your parents very happy!
Do leave me a comment after visiting, I just love to read what you think of my projects :)